Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Technical Difficulties

To one and all,

I have been experiencing technical difficulties with E-Blogger, and have lost two posts I had made last week. One was about a Washington Post editorial in which the writers seemed under the illusion that John Kerry won the election (sorry Gindy and Esther, your comments are lost.) The other was along the lines of my Valentine`s Day post in which I deal with the life of St. Patrick. Although I have saved these to draft, I don`t think they will ever post up adequately. I have tried to repost them repeatedly, and they give me the same problem each time; my entire index-recent post section, blogroll, and archives section are reformatted so that they scroll down from the top, forcing the reader to scroll way down to get to the posts. The posts themselves have been narrow and longer. It appears that new posts aren`t affected by this, so I`m going to have to let these two posts go.

Hopefully I won`t have any more of these kind of problems in the future, and I can continue in my usual vain of inserting foot firmly into mouth.

You may resume your regularly schedualed reading (provided no further trouble and the cold I just came down with doesn`t drag things out too badly!)

|

3 Comments:

Blogger TJW said...

I had one heck of a time leaving comments at yours and nearly every blog I visited last week. It did seem to be system wide @ blogger.com. I havent a clue what they were doing behind the curtain but it would have been decent of them to give a heads-up that they were wrenching on the network and we may experience some minor "interuptions of service" while they do it.

Network guys are all the same they mess with the system and then when you complain that it doesn't work right the first thing they ask is, "what did YOU do to it."

6:07 AM  
Blogger Esther said...

No worries. Blogger has certainly been a pain in the keyboard these days.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Aussiegirl said...

Same problems over at Ultima Thule land -- it comes and goes, although I haven't had any problems with reformatting. Hang in there. I agree - I wish they would let us know that there might be technical problems while they work those knobs behind the curtain.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com