Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Friday, May 27, 2005

I Need Technical Help

I have been encountering a problem which seems to be getting worse lately; whenever I cut and paste part or all of an article onto a post it screws up my formatting. My recent posts, blogroll, and archives line up on top and you have to scroll past all of this to get to my actual articles. I contacted E-Blogger and they told me that it was a problem with the margins, but offered no assistance on how to correct this problem. Tom Willms at Twisted Steel suggested putting my posts on Microsoft Word, then transfering them here. I haven`t seemed to have any luck with this method.

This is becoming very frustrating; I have had to delete numerous posts, some of them quite long and brilliant :) and my blogging has suffered. Any help you, my wise and learned readers, can offer would be much appreciated!

|

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried pasting the text in the "edit html" mode, instead of the "compose" mode?

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That way you should get only the text, and not the formatting from the original article.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Timothy Birdnow said...

Thanks! I`ll give it a try.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Ugh said...

I always paste my copied text into Notepad first then recopying it from Notepad before laying it into the blog editor. Notepad is a pure ascii editor and will remove all previous formatting. I had the same problem before I went to this method.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com