Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Sunday, June 26, 2005

BonnieBlueFlag on John Ashcroft

BonnieBlueFlag posted an excellent piece about John Ashcroft at Ultima Thule I have reprinted it below.

While you are there, check out the piece on Red China.


BonnieBlueFlag ponders "The Spirit of Justice"

By BonnieBlueFlag

The next time you ask why there are no good people in Washington, DC, remind yourself of the former Attorney General, John Ashcroft?

Missouri sent a favorite son to be of service to the entire country, and in the days and months after 9/11, he did every thing humanly possible to unravel the facts of that event, and to set in motion new ways in which to prevent future attacks.
The Washington bureaucracy made his job darn near impossible. Howls from every corner could be heard across the land. "Don't blame me, or my department!" "Don't touch the funding, etc., for my department!"

The need for a "Top Secret" classification, of so much information regarding this new style war on terrorists, will prevent us from knowing all that he did to protect us for many years.

The Washington crowd made no secret from the get go, that they really didn't want a God fearing Christian in their midst. Even before 9/11, he was an easy target for the so called ladies and gentlemen of the press, and the print photographers lapping at their heels.

When the opportunity presented itself to embarrass the Attorney General, with pictures of the female anatomy just above his head, they jumped at the chance.

They positioned the cameras, so that the resulting photograph would not only be very unflattering of the man, but also make him look foolish.



I first became aware of the installation of the drapes, when I heard Whoopee Goldbergh on a talk show. She went to great lengths to tell the audience that John Ashcroft had spent $80,000 of tax payer money, to cover up the statues of Spirit of Justice and Majesty of Law. Her implication being that he was some kind of a religious freak who needed to be tarred and feathered and driven out of Washington.

At that time there was no mention any where, especially in the MSM, that the drapes were originally created by Richard Thornburgh, the Attorney General under Presidents Reagan and Bush 41.

Now that the news conferences are held in a new conference room, and Attorney General Gonzales doesn't have to face the problem of being made to look foolish by the photographers, he has authorized the removal of the drapes. Thereby giving the press one more opportunity to embarrass John Ashcroft this weekend. They did not disappoint!

John Ashcroft, a man much stronger than myself in many ways, remained a Christian openly in word and action, against a tide of secular criticism and personal attacks.
While I do not share Mr. Ashcroft's particular faith, I do consider myself a Christian. I pray every day, that if and when I am faced with the possible persecution for my own religious beliefs, that I will be as strong as he was in the face of those that only worship "earthy power" regardless of it's origins.

If my thoughts seem a little extreme in this regard, please remember the young girl at Columbine High School, who was asked if she still believed in Jesus Christ? When she replied, "Yes," they killed her in cold blood.

Written By: BonnieBlueFlag

|

1 Comments:

Blogger Alnot said...

My faith sustains me I accepted Christ as my savior on March tenth, 1978. God and his Holy Spirit have and never will fail me even when I stumble. That still quiet voice is what I listen for in my quiet times with the Bible and prayer.I got tired of dealing with the willful ignorants at the message board today and told Mad Dog to go take a flying leap at a rolling donut(only more graphically). Dammit it felt so good but was not my usual personality. Tis nice to hang out with people who agree with you. I heard about how the media spun this story and John Ashcroft just makes the death heads spin like a top in anger and I just support him all the more for it. Nothing like making a liberal angry to know you are doing it right.

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com