Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Welcome to Aztlan

I occasionally run a google search on myself and on Birdblog to see what may be in the wind. Occasionally I strike gold with something of which I was completely unawares. I found my article Barbarian Invasions on the American Patrol website. American Patrol is a pro-border control organization, and here is a report from them on MECha, a Latino student organization which seeks to reconquer the Southwest and replace it with Aztlan, a new Hispanic nation.

Below is a post on a message thread taken from Mecha`s own constitution and posted on Payson`s Roundup by an alert reader. This is scary stuff; it proves that illegal immigration is a dire emergency:




Re:Taken from the MEChA Web Site
Posted by: Instigator85541
Message posted: Thu Jun 9, 2005, 6:44 pm
Suggest removal
Follow-up to: Barbarian Invasions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is right from the Mecha Web Site and is the preamble to their constitution and by laws>
Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán
National Constitution

Preamble

Chicano and Chicana students of Aztlán must take upon themselves the responsibilities to promote Chicanismo within the community, politicizing our Raza with an emphasis on indigenous consciousness to continue the struggle for the self-determination of the Chicano people for the purpose of liberating Aztlán.
The following structure will make every MEChista accountable to its chapter, every chapter accountable to it's central (where applicable), every central accountable to its region, every region accountable to its state (where applicable), and every state accountable to the national.

Article I: Name
Section 1. The name of this organization shall be the National Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de
Aztlán (MEChA).
Section 2. The official symbol of this organization shall be the eagle with its wings spread, bearing
a macahuittle in one claw and a dynamite stick in the other with the lighted fuse in its beak.
The acronym MEChA shall be above the symbol with the phrase "La Union Hace La Fuerza"
El Plan Espiritual de Aztlán
In the spirit of a new people that is conscious not only of its proud historical heritage but also of the brutal "gringo" invasion of our territories, we, the Chicano inhabitants and civilizers of the northern land of Aztlán from whence came our forefathers, reclaiming the land of their birth and consecrating the determination of our people of the sun, declare that the call of our blood is our power, our responsibility, and our inevitable destiny.
We are free and sovereign to determine those tasks, which are justly called for by our house, our land, the sweat of our brows, and by our hearts. Aztlán belongs to those who plant the seeds, water the fields, and gather the crops and not to the foreign Europeans. We do not recognize capricious frontiers on the bronze continent. Brotherhood unites us, and love for our brothers makes us a people whose time has come and who struggles against the foreigner "gabacho" who exploits our riches and destroys our culture. With our heart in our hands and our hands in the soil, we declare the independence of our mestizo nation. We are a bronze people with a bronze culture. Before the world, before all of North America, before all our brothers in the bronze continent, we are a nation, we are a union of free pueblos, we are Aztlán.
Nationalism
Nationalism as the key to organization transcends all religious, political, class, and economic factions or boundaries. Nationalism is the common denominator that all members of La Raza can agree upon.
SELF-DEFENSE of the community must rely on the combined strength of the people. The front line defense will come from the barrios, the campos, the pueblos, and the ranchitos. Their involvement as protectors of their people will be given respect and dignity. They in turn offer their responsibility and their lives for their people. Those who place themselves in the front ranks for their people do so out of love and carnalismo. Those institutions which are fattened by our brothers to provide employment and political pork barrels for the gringo will do so only as acts of liberation and for La Causa. For the very young, there will no longer be acts of juvenile delinquency, but revolutionary acts.
TIME TO SHUT THE DOOR ON THE BORDER DON"T YA THINK..

|

6 Comments:

Blogger Aussiegirl said...

I say we adopt all the same ideas -- only for our own nationalism and sense history and culture. We defend our borders from illegal immigration. We defend out culture from an invading army. It works both ways. Yes -- this is a dangerous organization -- and we are wise to know our enemy.

Good work, Tim! You never know what Google will find.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Alnot said...

Far too many are enemies of our country but I have met quite a few hispanics who are hardworking Christian patriots who I enjoy working with who are here legally. We should encourage the good ones and defend against the lawless ones.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Esther said...

Tim, I've been following this organization for a few years (since it affects me, living in California and all) and they are scary. A guy running against Arnold for Governor was once a member of MECha... scary.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

I live in the D.C. area and had no idea that a movement such as Mecha is afoot. Aztlan would be one nasty disaster.

We have plenty of immigrants in the National Capital area, of course. Just last month, I was injured in a car accident caused by a cab driver, who rear-ended me, and left me injured. There is a lot more to my sad story, but I'll relate just this bit: the cabbie had dropped his commercial coverage, and his fly-by-night insurance carrier doesn't even have a claims department. The police won't give me an ounce of help even though the cab driver gave false information at the scene. Meanwhile, I'm undergoing very expensive medical treatment, and my own health-insurance won't cover the costs because they expect the cab-driver's company to pay. So far, a full month after the accident, his insurance carrier has yet to send me a puny, little check for the minor damage to my vehicle. I'm self-employed and taking a serious financial hit in all this. I don't know what I'll do if I have to undergo back surgery!

Of course, if I were illegal, I could get treatment without shelling out.

Apart from my personal sob story, the problems with illegal immigration have taken on epic proportions. Just wait until the United States suffers another terrorist attack because Al-Qaeda has slipped across the Southern border! Our officials already know that the gang MS-13 has developed connections with terrorists.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Esther said...

AOW, I'm sooooo sorry to hear about your accident!! That's horrible! There must be agencies though that can lend a hand to you, especially in the DC area. I'll see what I can find out (I grew up there and my folks, including my mother the former nurse, still live there).

8:59 AM  
Blogger Ugh said...

Tim, it is really cool to see your fine writing being picked-up and bandied about. I, of course, found you via American Thinker. I have been using your blog as a jumping off point to all the great blogs you have linked.

Taking a page from your book I too "Googled" (yes, I'm using it as a verb, please pardon me) my blog and found that an article I wrote on the China threat was referenced on a chinese blog - that's half way around the world! I also found one of my posts linked on www.waypath.com - a blog clearinghouse of sorts.

The lesson here is that this blogging thing actually works. People do read this stuff...

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com