Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Tequila, Tortillas, and Al-Quada

According to Jihad Watch, people associated with Osama Bone-Laden have been offering money to be smuggled across the border from Mexico into the United States. This should come as no surprise; as porous as the border is, it is a logical point of entry for terrorists who are on the watch list.

If you can move people into the United States illegally, what is to stop you from bringing in nerve gas, or anthrax, or a nuclear device?

What ever happened to the old Soviet suitcase nukes, anyway? Last I heard they were missing a few...

|

2 Comments:

Blogger Always On Watch said...

Last March, I attended a lecture given by Mahdi Obeidi, author of The Bomb in My Garden. He warned of our porous Southern border and pointed out how easy it would be to get a suitcase nuke across the border.

Meanwhile, our officials don't want to deal with the illegal-immigration problem. Makes me nuts!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Timothy Birdnow said...

Mahdi Obeidi has been a voice crying in the wilderness, AOW; it`s great you were able to hear him speak!

When I wrote my American Thinker piece on immigration numerous people slammed me on Free Republic (and the moderator removed my responses). One guy argued that ``terrorists will just fly into America-they wouldn`t bother with crossing the border``. THIS is the level thought engaged in by many Americans? It drives me nuts, too!

Capzap, you are correct; the whole leftist orb is several cans shy of a sixpack, and, listening to the endless parade of lunacy, it sometimes makes me wish an anvil would fall out of the sky and end my misery.

You said it; we keep winning small victories, and wars are often won by myriad small victories. Keep your chin up! Much of the insanity you see in the Left results from desperation on their side. If you are disgusted, try to imagine how THEY feel!

Thanks for coming, and I hope you do make it here everyday; you`re a breath of fresh air!

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com