Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Propoganda Mills

STL Scribe sent me this e-mail regarding mandatory student advisories in the Chicago school system. Apparently, taxpayer dollars are financing a pro-homosexual agenda for Chicago children without any regard to the wishes of the parents or those who finance the system:


I just learned that the Gay, Lesbian, Straight Student Network's (GLSSN) curriculum is being used in the mandatory student advisories that meet every hour of every day. Here is a sample from GLSSN's website:

Subject: Heterosexism alert
Calling all students and staff! Help GLSSN with a new resource of heterosexism by sharing your thoughts and experiences:
a. Is using the school bathroom a daily anxiety because neither "boys" nor "girls" match your gender identity/_expression?
b. Do the ...textbooks in your school erase your gay identity and history?


There were several more such questions. Here's a sampling from GLSSN publications:

Two Teenagers in Twenty. This book is a compilation of true first-person coming out stories written by teenagers. One 15 year old boy wrote: "I met this guy named Reggie, who was 23. I met him hanging out at the subway station...He spend the night with me a few times."

Be Yourself. This book is recommended by GLSSN. Here is a young man who is a cross-dresser and works as a prostitute in sado-masochism: "I've been doing drag for about 10 years, on and off..my fantasies were all about whipping. I started reading up on S/M, and it was making me interested in sex for the first time...I realized that, for what I was doing, I could be getting good money."

Rainbow Boys. On the shelf at your local public schools and recommended by GLSSN. Three 17 year old boys explore their homosexual attractions. The book features a scene where one of the teen boys has anal intercourse without a condom with a 29 year old man he has just met on the Internet.


GLSSN is in all Chicago public schools and have won the culture war there because conservatives don't push back. I am on a new panel of three people who are going to help push back; I'm looking for people willing to at least show up to meetings where typically we are outnumbered 100-1. I've been discouraged by the lack of courage on the part of conservatives.

---------------------


This is an example of one of the most galling aspects of Liberalism; the Left will sneak something like this, something antithetical to Americans values and the beliefs of most citizens into schools without permission from parents or taxpayers, and will make the public support this financially. They will spit in our faces, use the force of law to compel our obedience and take our money. I wonder how many parents know that their children are being force-fed homosexual propoganda? I wonder what happens if they protest?

Remember, public schools were instituted because the law requires children be educated, and many parents could not afford to educate their children in private schools. This is, truly, a captive audience. Do schoolboards, does the State, have the right to instill values antithetical to those of the parents in children? Shouldn`t the parents have the final say?

This reminds me of the Hitler Youth, or of the propogandizing of children in communist countries. A cabal of busybody education gurus and beaurocrats believe that parents are barbaric throwbacks, and that THEY, the anointed, have the absolute right to ``re-educate`` these children, to mold them into the ``new man``. They can recreate the world in their own image, if they can ``reach`` enough of these young minds. This is social engineering at its foulest; it abrogates the most fundamental rights of parents to instill their values into their own children.

We see this all of the time in schools. Consider the environmentalist propoganda children are constantly bombarded with. A friend of mine pulled his daughter out of a school-run summer camp because of excessive environmentalism being taught to his child. Often, schools are forcing children write letters to the government protesting environmental destruction, or Global Warming, or the extinction of some cockroach. By what right do these teachers and administrators do this?

Is it any wonder that Johnnie can`t read, when so much of his class time is taken up by political causes and indoctrination?

Silly me, I thought the purpose of school was to teach, not to indoctrinate and corrupt.

|

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim,
Have you got any confirming evidence of the use of this material?

2:34 PM  
Blogger Timothy Birdnow said...

Hi KW!

It`s good to hear from you again!

I don`t have any confirmation evidence of this; I received it from STL Scribe, Whose sister sent it from Chicago.

I see no reason to doubt it, however, since we have had this kind of thing occuring in schools for years.

If this isn`t true, it still doesn`t change the point I was making, which is that schools have become more about propoganda than teaching (remember Heather has Two Mommies?)

I can understand your wanting to verify it. GLSEN of Chicago has their strategy page, which suggests at much of this. GLSSN is, I think, the local group for GlSEN.

But you are correct, KW; I don`t have any independent verification of it.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, any case the I have found evidence for has been in an environment that I support: the counseling of young homosexual boys and girls that are being traumatized by realizing that they are different from other boys and girls, or traumatized by teaching them the difference between safe choices and really bad choices like getting anally raped by Internet pedophiles.

I just have my doubts that any Chicago school is teaching young boys that getting sodomized by strangers is a viable lifestyle. Usually these materials are used with students that teachers suspect are undergoing some similar experience in an effort to get them to talk about it. Would you rather that they got help, or kept it as a personal secret?

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really bad edit.

"or traumatized by an experience, to teach them the difference ..."

6:36 PM  
Blogger Timothy Birdnow said...

I hope you are right about that, KW! I haven`t been able to verify the information.

I do know that this kind of thing has been going on in schools for a long time.

Also, I really don`t like counseling for ``gay`` children; I don`t think a 12 or 13 year old really knows who he or she is yet, and I think this may be enticing them into a mold. It is a small step from counseling to promoting, and I suspect a great deal of the latter is going on behind everybody`s back.

Frankly, I don`t think there is any value in counseling a bullied child, either. Will it stop the bullying? Will it make the kid feel better to be told that he has worth by a paid school official while he`s getting his teeth knocked out?

We could argue until we are old and gray about the nature of homosexuality; nature or nurture, sin or alternate lifestyle, compulsion or choice. If I were to put the best face on it, I would still say it is not food or drink or shelter, and that we do have human free will. I`m not saying that a gay kid can suddenly stop being gay (like dropping a bad habit), but that one needn`t act on every impulse. Certainly, married men struggle with temptation, as do others with such circumstances. My point is, even if a kid is gay, is it a good idea to encourage or facilitate that decision so early? Shouldn`t the whole point be to encourage a heterosexual life first?

Consider the difficulties a homosexual faces; they are subject to a plethora of unusual diseases which most heteros don`t get, they tend to suffer greatly from depression, they tend to die very young (I`m not sure, but I think the average life expectancy for a male homosexual is 56). Because they have broken a taboo, they tend to be more reckless in other areas of life, and sexual experimentation of a more, say, stimulating nature often follows e.g.sadomasochism. Drug and alcohol abuse are high among homosexuals.

It would be a great kindness to spare these kids from this if possible. I have had a couple of friends who came out-and they tell how hard life is, and has become after they ``accepted`` their homosexuality.

I fear that counseling ``gay`` kids may push them into accepting something that may not be true for them. They may be confused, and need guidance away from their homosexual tendencies.

At any rate, I understand your viewpoint, and think you make a good case. Oh, and don`t worry about your editing; I don`t have a cyber-ruler to rap your knuckles! (Which is good; mine would be sore indeed.)

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com