Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Real Valentine`s Day

(From the Archives)



The Real Valentine`s Day

Happy Valentine`s Day to all!

St. Valentine was a third century man imprisoned by the Romans for the terrible crime of being a Christian. One of his jailors came to respect him (since he was an intelligent and educated man) and asked Valentine if he would have regular visits with his daughter for the purpose of teaching her. Valentine became fast friends with the girl, and wrote her letters signed YOUR VALENTINE. The legend was born after Valentine was executed on February 14, 296.

I hope that makes you all appreciate the holiday a little more; it is more than just a greeting card company holiday!


Regards,

Tim

P.S.
(My wife chucked me in favor of our cat for her valentine this year-I guess I`ve been married too long!)

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com