Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Rumblings of Revolution

The illegal immigration protests and student walk-outs which have been occurring lately are the warning rumblings of a tsunami which will hit the United States in years to come. I have always made the case that this massive influx of illegals is not assimilatible, and that the new wave of immigrants does not want assimilation. I think the size and scope of these protests should illustrate that point; how many of the students who skipped class were members of MECHa?

I refer you to my post ``Welcome to Aztlan`` for more details.

Most of the arguments (both pro and con) nibble at the edges of the problem; the problem is that we are experiencing an alien invasion, and that, like the Roman Empire which fell within a century from similar circumstances, we cannot survive as a nation. Are we prepared to accept the partitioning of America? I doubt that we have the will to force Aztlan back into the Union.

For more on this, see my American Thinker piece from last June ``Barbarian Invasions``.

Consider this quote:

"We have an aging white America ... They are dying ...We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him."

Jose Angel Gutierrez, professor, University of Texas, Arlington and founder of the La Raza Unida political party


Consider the fact that most of these protesters were waving Mexican flags, not American ones.

Although these protests were peaceful, they still bear a striking similarity to what we have seen done by Moslems in Europe; in both instances a sizable minority is attempting to intimidate the majority by a show of force. That illegal aliens are criminals, and should expect no rights to be granted to them makes the chutzpah of these demonstrations all the more galling.

There are ways to deal with this issue, but none of our elected leaders has the will. We need to make illegal entry into the country painful and expensive. We need to make it painful and expensive for Mexico to maintain a policy of reannexation. It can be done.

It had better be done, and soon, or we will soon be bidding farewell to America, and receiving a not-so-warm welcome from Aztlan.

|

5 Comments:

Blogger Don Bangert said...

I'm wondering how many of those protesting would be so energetic if we conceded to their demand to stay and work in the U.S.; but only on the condition that they were to receive absolutely no financial aid of any kind. That means no social security, no anchor baby status, no federal/state business grants--no help at all. In other words, we'll acknowledge their claim for the right to work; but we'll also acknowledge their responsibility to be independent in a foreign land. This is a tough position to take. I'm reminded of one of my first trips out of my home State. I was so worried about the car breaking down or my wife or I needing medical assistance. I made sure that I had all my ducks in a row before I left the security of my home State. I didn't want to find myself having to beg for mercy from strangers. It is not their responsibility to remedy my financial problems. Why do foreigners believe that by coming to this country they are entitled to leach off the system if things don't work out for them? More importantly, why is our system set up to allow this? Is our government meant to be a charity for the poor and downtrodden? By it's design, does our government enable those who should really return home after failing the means of staying? If that's the case, where exactly can be found the motivation to find gainful employment when one can just throw up his hands and say, "It's too hard!"

7:12 AM  
Blogger Ugh said...

We have got to put the screws to the Mexican government. We are seeing the result of their national policy...

You are so right comparing this to the Roman empire and the invasion from the north. We will not last even a hundred years if we don't stop the flood. I think everyone agrees that immigration is OK and that the natural human desire to be free and have a dream (AN American dream) are good things, but this is out of control!

A guest worker program would not be out of the question if the borders were secure. While most Repulicans have been a disaster on this issue I can't even imagine what the Democrats would pass. We are in big trouble either way.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the problem in this case is the welfare state, not the immigrants.

I'm inclined to believe that it's the native born Americans who are leeching off the system. In my experience, immigrants are very entrepreneurial and self-reliant; they appreciate what freedoms we have left vecause they often come from places where there is less of it.

As for the potential criminal element, well, you're going to have those bad eggs no matter what--restricting a man's right to go to where the grass is greener is not going to cure that problem.

I wrote an article on this subject that clarifies my position nicely.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Esther said...

These were not spontaneous protests. Like the cartoon protests, this was all well planned.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Ugh said...

Gee, Marcel, I visted your site and read your "phantom problem" essay and I think you are deluded. The "borders are lines on a map" comment is indicative of your overall take on the subject. There are very few people who believe we should close down our borders to immigrants, myself included, but we are a nation of laws, - and by the way we are an imperfect nation - yes, laws we ALL have to abide by. What gives anyone the right to violate our laws? Answer that.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com