Birdblog

A conservative news and views blog.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Budget Debate in Song

Jack Kemp

What's happening is so outrageous and incomprehensible, like a game of chicken with Thelma and Louise as the opposing drivers, that I can only describe it in a song parody. And I believe the government will have to "bomb the budget deadline in order to save it."



The Great Big Spender
to the tune of "The Great Pretender"
as sung by Barack Obama

Oh, yes, I'm the Great Big Spender
Pretending that I'm doing well
My need is such
That I pretend too much
I'm driving
the country to Hell

Oh, yes, I'm the Great Big Spender
Adrift in my own I.O.U.s
I've played the game
Of giving Bush the blame
Everybody
Thinks I'm on the booze

You reel when I talk about Make Believe
My real worthless deal -
A joker up my sleeve

Oh, yes, I'm the Great Big Spender
Just laughing while you must stay home
I seem to be
What I'm not, you see
I'm wearing my job like a crown
Assuming you'll want the shakedown

You reel when I steal with my Make Believe
A TSA cop-a-feel -
I laugh up my sleeve

Oh, yes, I'm the Great Truth Bender
Just laughing on my private jet
I want you be
On line for your cheese
That don't come from Obama's stash
It comes from the last of our cash
Chorus: Of our caaa..sh

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com